Friday, January 01, 2016

Last Post,First Post

The end of 2015 was a pretty busy one for me. I left my old job at a studio which I've been at for +15 years and went to take on a Directing job at a studio where a lot of my old colleagues have gone to work. It was a painful decision, but a necessary one; at least for me. The new studio feels more like the old one did before it became a publically traded company and was then bought out by a bigger media company. There is a clear creative and business vision at the new studio and decisions get made fast without all of the mind numbing delays of a big, vertically integrated corporate structure.

My current project, of which I can say little of at this point in time, is a big creative and technically challenging production, but I am having a lot of fun. The clients are awesome and the production team is coming together really nicely. The next three years on this production will be a mammoth workload, but I expect I will have a "What the heck happened to the three years?" kind of wonder at the end of it. I am looking forward to it.

I'm cleaning out the last of some random stuff from my sketch board from last year and posting a bit of it for fun. I don't expect that I will be able to post much in the next year because most of my efforts are going to be production related; however I will post what I can. Hope you like this last sip from last year. Enjoy.

The last legs for an old idea.
 A few scribbles for a Halloween short idea for "Mischievous Melvin and the Halloween Horror".
Another last kick at an old idea. I posted the first image a few years back, but the second one is newer. The idea was for a short called "Time Box" where a box has special powers to take someone back in time, but it falls into the hands of a likeable antiquities thief who tries to use it to steal artifacts, but only ends up accidentally making the events we read about in history books actually happen.
I was working on the development for another idea called "The Big Game" which was supposed to be a bit of a mini-series where a kid is part of a team which goes to the little league championships in Washington, but accidentally gets involved with international spies and bad guys when he finds a package which was meant for someone else. There is a rough outline done so I might be able to come back to this later this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home