Monday, April 20, 2015

In Transition

Animated television productions are always a grind, especially when you have pre-production, production and post production happening all at the same. It's not a complaint. Really! So much happens and so much has to be done to keep good productions on the rails, but it is fun to do.

For just over two years I have been the Assistant Director on the 3D animated series "Trucktown". I have been very fortunate to work with a fantastic Director, Robin Budd, and an amazing team of production artist and animators. The show looks pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. Right now we are seeing the back end of the production with all of the leicas cut and the last few shows going through layout and animation. As things wind down I hope to have a bit more time to develop a few personal projects and work on some training materials for work.

I'm cleaning out a few last drawings before I see what else comes up in the next few months. Enjoy.

I don't know what this is for. I was scribbling and this is what I ended up with.
Some more doodles for another personal project. I need to rethink this one so I probably won't do too much more for a while.
Some "BLOCK IN" characters which I am using for some of the training materials I am working on. The bottom one is Mr. C which is replacing the crappy one I did for an earlier post.
These are a few of the nearly 300 slides in one of my PowerPoint presentations for "Film Grammar for Storyboarding". I have four parts which I'm planning on doing so I should have over 1000 slides when I'm done ... if I finish.



Coming back from the dead ... ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home